- Today we said goodbye to a long serving member of staff. Mr Chapman, who has worked as a Teaching Assistant and ICT manager for over 10 years has made a career move and will be touring golf clubs in the East Anglia area before going countrywide, selling golfing equipment . The staff and pupils would like to wish him good luck as he leaves the school and ventures into his new career.
- Today the children took part in the Sport Relief mile around the school field. Everyone dressed up in their pyjamas and
onesies and walked 7 times around the field (in most cases!)to complete their one mile. Members of FOBS provided thechildren with much needed refreshments at the end of their walk. Thank you for all the donations – which have
yet to be counted. We’ll let you know the total raised in next weeks round-up
- The Barracudas had their class assembly today – it was lovely to see so many parents come along to enjoy the assembly. The next class assembly is the Pandas on Thursday 3rd April.
- You may have read in the national press about a proposed national teachers strike on Wednesday 26th March. Buckden School will not be affected and will be open as usual on that day.
- Thank you to FOBS for arranging the Cinema Night last night. We hope all the children who came enjoyed watching the films.
The next event is the Mother’s Day shop in school on the day of the Mothers Day lunch. The children will be able to purchase a gift and have it wrapped – the date is 27th March.